Why do Cabinet Makers need Insurance?

Any cabinet maker who works as a subcontractor or who operates their own business needs to consider Tradies Insurance cover. Tradies Insurance (what we also like to call Trades Pack Insurance) provides protection against financial loss should a cabinet maker be found liable for damaging property or causing injury to someone while they’re carrying out their work. Plus, it covers them for legal liabilities associated with work they have already completed.

Like other trades professionals, cabinet makers work in an environment that can be inherently dangerous to them and others. Cabinet makers work closely with their tools and these can cause serious injury if misused. Poorly secured cabinets can also fall and cause damage to benchtops and other kitchen fittings and furniture.

If a cabinet maker hasn’t taken out insurance and is found liable for causing injury or property damage, the costs could lead to significant financial implications. It’s why Tradies Insurance is one of the most important insurance covers a cabinet maker can get.

Insurance products for Cabinet Makers

HIA Insurance Services understands the risks that cabinet makers face while they’re at work and has formulated a policy to meet their specific needs.

Trades Pack Insurance for cabinet makers can provide protection against financial loss should they be found legally responsible for causing personal injury to a third party of damaging someone’s property in the course of their business.

Cabinet makers need to ensure they’re covered for injury caused to someone as a result of a fall, misuse of a tool or even accidental use of hazardous chemicals or volatile materials such as sawdust, solvents or adhesives.

Note that Trades Pack Insurance doesn’t include the cost of rectifying faulty work itself, but it does help provide cover for the cost of the resulting damage.

What are the benefits of Trades Pack Insurance?

We specialise in cabinet maker’s insurance and can help you with the cover you need. Our Trades Pack Insurance includes the following benefits:

  • Cover is easy to obtain using our online portal
  • Cover for both cabinet makers and your employees
  • Optional tool cover can be added to your policy.

Why HIA Insurance Services?

HIA Insurance Services (HIAIS) combines the construction industry expertise of the Housing Industry Association (HIA) with the risk and insurance knowledge of Aon to provide products and advice that are specific to the residential construction industry.

We arrange insurance policies that are suited to the unique risk exposures faced by cabinet makers by offering cabinet maker public liability and professional indemnity insurance, among other useful business insurances. As one of the largest and most experienced insurance brokers in the country, HIA Insurance Services can arrange insurance policies tailored to the needs of cabinet makers and other construction industry trades, as well as pursue fast and hassle-free claims processes.

Frequently Asked Questions

Yes you can, monthly payments can be arranged through a premium funding agreement with Hunter Premium Funding2 to help you spread the costs of your insurance across the year. Please note that the total overall cost is higher if you pay monthly. Contact HIA Insurance Service on 1800 762 878 to find out more information.

Tradies Insurance does cover your employees1, however it does not act as a work cover policy should one of your employees be injured during the course of their work. For information on work cover, you can visit the Workers’ Compensation page of our website.

No, subcontractors need their own policy as they are not direct employees.

Your tools are covered provided that you have taken out optional cover as part of your Tradies Insurance policy1. Optional tools cover can provide cover for theft or any attempted theft following forcible entry.

Yes, but there must be proof of forced entry into the vehicle, such as a broken window, damage to door locks, etc.1

Registered trailers are not covered under the Trades Pack policy and require a separate policy. Contact HIA Insurance Services for a quote.

When purchasing your insurance, you are required to tell your insurer everything they need to know so they can assess your level of risk accurately. You may therefore not be covered for any work you do not disclose to HIA Insurance Services which is not related to your occupation. Please contact HIA Insurance Services if your occupation has changed.

No, Tradies Insurance isn’t sufficient for a builder because it covers one trade only. You will need to consider taking out a Construction Works Insurance, Public & Product Liability policy

*Subject to the policy terms, limits and exclusions

© 2021 HIA Insurance Services Pty Ltd (ABN 84 076 460 967) is an authorised representative (no.275925) of Aon Risk Services Australia Limited (ABN 17 000 434 720 AFSL 241141) (HIAIS).
The HIA Insurance Services Tradies Insurance (Trades Pack) policy is arranged by HIAIS under a binder agreement on behalf of the insurance issuer, QBE Insurance (Australia) Ltd, ABN 78 003 191 035, AFSL 239545. When acting under a binder we will be acting as agent of the insurer and not as your agent. Our binder arrangements with the insurer are such that we remain your agent in the handling of any claim. If you purchase this insurance through HIAIS, HIAIS will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Further information can be found in HIAIS’ Financial Services Guide or provided upon request.